Live. Work. Explore. as a part of our Transportation team in Columbia Falls, the gateway to Glacier National Park!
QR Code Link to This Post
At Glacier National Park Lodges, we depend on our team members to be highly motivated, committed, share our vision and work together to attain it, while our work environment encourages responsibility for personal growth and promotes pride in each employee. No matter what your job is, you will be a proud steward of the park and play an essential role in providing warm and friendly hospitality to all our guests.
We’re hiring an Automotive Mechanic to Live. Work. Explore. in Columbia Falls, Montana!
Position Type: Seasonal
Season Dates: April through September 2024
Schedule: Typical schedule is 40 hours, 5 days/per week (may include weekends, evenings, and holidays)
Housing: Employee housing is not available
About Columbia Falls:
Just west of Glacier National Park lies a collection of communities who proudly welcome millions of visitors each year to the Glacier Gateway area. Columbia Falls - a lively Montana town with many locally owned shops, restaurants, breweries, and summer farmers markets - is the ideal home base for exploring Glacier National Park and the 2.4 million acres in Flathead National Forest.
Benefits and Perks:
- Free Glacier National Park season pass
- Free Red Bus Tours (as available)
- Exclusive Retail and Dining discounts in Glacier
- A fast-paced, exciting work environment with plenty of upward mobility and growth opportunities
- Meet people of all ages from all over the country and world!
- $350 Referral Bonus Program
- The adventure of a lifetime!
- Perform routine maintenance on assigned company fleet equipment with emphasis on safety and cost control.
- Diagnose vehicle problems and perform corrective maintenance.
- Contribute insight and suggestions into vehicle maintenance program.
- Complete accurate work orders showing labor and materials used to perform each job and input work order into the company’s Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Maintain cleanliness of shop and work area.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must possess the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be knowledgeable of vehicle repair techniques and have a diverse mechanical aptitude.
Physical Requirements Include:
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Must possess, or be able to obtain, a valid U.S. driver's license (CDL preferred).
- Must meet all DOT physical requirements and pass a DOT physical exam including a pre-employment drug screen and federally required random screens throughout the season, and comply with the Xanterra Driver Safety Program and Policy.
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs. on a periodic basis.
- Must be able to stand, stretch, and bend for up to a 10 hour day.
- Must be able to work in sub-zero weather for a short period of time.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces (i.e. under vehicles) or in strenuous positions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.