November 8, 2023
Martel Construction, Inc. is currently recruiting candidates to fill a Project Engineer vacancy in our Kalispell market. Founded in 1960, Martel Construction provides construction services from offices in Bozeman, Bigfork, and Missoula, MT. As one of Montana’s premier contractors, we’re looking to expand our workforce to meet today’s market needs.
Essential Job Functions:
• On-site coordination between the Project Manager and Superintendent of all project management functions.
• Oversee the coordination and maintenance of project documentation.
• Assist with scheduling, subcontractor coordination, and communication.
• Assist with design and constructability reviews.
• Procure, submit, and track and process submittals and RFI’s and change orders.
• Attend meetings, create, and distribute meeting agendas minutes.
• Guide project closeout.
• Manage the storm water pollution prevention plans.
In addition to the functions listed above, the employee is expected to:
• Strive to exhibit and apply Martel’s culture of honesty, integrity and respect with all clients and co-workers.
• Maintain a professional demeanor, demonstrate a positive attitude, communicate effectively with co-workers and clients.
• Work with accuracy, efficiency, and attention to detail.
• Maintain good attendance by working when and where directed, work safely in compliance with all safety policies, respect the work environment, and exercise initiative to learn new skills and tasks and to help co-workers when possible.
• All team members may be asked to perform duties and functions outside of their normal responsibilities to assist the company from time to time.
• Bachelor’s degree in construction engineering or business or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• An understanding of how to navigate and comprehend Construction Documents and Specifications is preferred.
• Competence with Bluebeam and AutoCad is preferred but not required.
• General knowledge of the construction industry.
• Must be an effective communicator.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
• Must be able to operate typical office technology, such as a computer, copier, printer, calculator.
• Experience in SWPPP management, record keeping, and document control.
• Scheduling software knowledge is a bonus.
• Work at construction job sites, during all stages, in all types of weather conditions.
• Performing activities including climbing ladders and scaffolding, lifting & handling materials, walking & balancing, stooping.
• Must be able to speak & hear detailed information through oral communication.
• Must be able to see clearly and recognize small details.
• 8 hour shift with overtime as needed.
• Compensation is competitive at $75,000+ annually.
• Family Insurance: Team members and their families are covered under our Group Health Insurance Program. This insurance is provided with no out of pocket expense for premiums. Our comprehensive medical plan provides the following for you and your dependents:
o Health Insurance
o Dental Insurance
o Vision Insurance
o Life Insurance
• Paid Time Off: This position is eligible for paid time away from work in which to relax, take care of personal matters, and observe holidays. This position earns 15 days of paid vacation.
Additionally, we offer 7 paid holidays during the calendar year.
• New Year’s Day
• Memorial Day
• Independence Day
• Labor Day
• Friday Following Thanksgiving
• Mobile Phone: We will provide or reimburse you for your monthly phone services that may be used for a reasonable amount of personal and business purposes.
• Incentive Pay & Bonus: You will have the opportunity to partake in a goal-driven incentive plan. This plan rewards employees for meeting their personal and professional goals as it relates to Martel Construction, Inc. You will get the opportunity to be part of our Incentive Plan.
• 401(k): A 401(k) is available for participation after 90 days.
• Shareholder Option: Key employees are invited to participate in the company stock program. Further details will be provided upon request.
• Job Type: Full-time
Apply now from any device on our website: www.martelconstruction.com/employment.
Applicants may also submit a resume and any other supporting documents as a PDF file to email@example.com.
Screening will begin as suitable applications are received.
Martel Construction, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Martel Construction, Inc. makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers