compensation: 16.20 an hour employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Northwest Montana Head Start
Administrative Assistant, Full time
1. AA degree or higher or equivalent experience combined with education.
2. Expertise in the utilization of computer software including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and databases.
3. Proficient at keyboarding, grammar, and proof reading.
4. Demonstrated ability in written and verbal communication.
5. Ability to operate efficiently and accurately in a busy office setting.
6. A high degree of organizational skill and ability to multi-task.
7. A high degree of initiative.
1. Three years experience in administrative assistance.
2. Knowledge of computer networking.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Coordinate agency hiring activities including placing advertisements and serving as contact person for applicants. Maintain hiring folders, schedule interviews, notify applicants of selection or rejection.
2. Coordinate interviews, selection and training of new employees.
3. Direct new employees in completion of required paperwork and orient new employees to Human Resource policies.
4. Maintain personnel files and ChildPlus personnel records.
5. Create and maintain Employee Handbook.
6. Assist Health Nutrition Manager in monitoring and ensuring TB tests, physicals, CPR/First Aid in compliance with policies.
7. Oversee distribution of building keys to employees.
8. Perform work and assignments under general supervision of the Director.
9. Regularly assist the Director and management team members.
10. Represent the agency through public relations and/or interagency councils as appropriate or assigned.
11. Assist with editing, and developing, reports, summaries, program calendars and other written materials vital to the ongoing operation of the agency.
14. Coordinate administrative services and serve as a communication link to the management team.
15. Oversee, coordinate, and disseminate work at sites as needed (including but not limited to computer technical support, physical plant repairs and services, miscellaneous purchasing, contract renewals), with oversight by the Director.
16. Maintain deposit records of checks received by the agency and prepare deposits for the bookkeeper/fiscal officer.
17. Order office supplies as needed and provide invoices to bookkeeper.
18. Maintain current Board of Directors, Policy Council, and staff database including members, phone numbers, and addresses. Maintain records of program volunteers.
19. Complete background checks on program volunteers and employees.
19. Attend monthly Board of Directors and Management Team meetings. Write agendas, take minutes and distribute according to agency procedure.
20. Ensure that approved job descriptions, and policies and procedures are current, approved and distributed as needed.
21. Answer phone and bus radio as needed.
22. Other duties as assigned.
Fill out the online application at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScywCcwFUQ-XgLJwkJaONUHynNH3bHQ5cLKw5ipjhvzN0Hj3w/viewform
or visit our website nwmtheadstart.org for the full job description and online application.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and fully subscribe to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants and/or employees are considered for hire, promotion and job status, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, political beliefs or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers